FN-041 - God Doesn't Simply Write Us Off

Isaiah 43:1,5 - In chapter 42, a new plan is declared, a perfect/complete answer (take note, Galactic Hitchhikers).  The people God created and redeemed as His have turned aside to worship idols. By ignoring or rejecting their only salvation, they have chosen a destruction that they should know to avoid. And we tend to do the same.

Yet, as chapter 43 opens, God reminds them that He doesn't simply write off His investments: "Fear not, I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine."  In verse 5, He says "Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west." Those He has scattered, He will bring back, because they are precious to Him. They are precious because He created and chose them, no matter their worth by other standards.

If God has called your name and redeemed you, you are precious to Him, no matter your perceived worth by other standards. #FearNot, He will not write you off until all accounts are settled. Come back to the One who tattooed your name into the palm of His hand with a large Roman nail. In verses 25-26 He says, "I am he that blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and will not remember your sins. Remember me, let's discuss this, confess and be declared righteous." (slightly paraphrased)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BW 01.22 - Genesis 22: Surrender Isaac

BW 01.17 - Genesis 17-21: Covenants